The following article explains how to set up Gestures for Pro Tools. To learn more about the general aspects of Gestures, read This Article.
You will be guided through the following steps:
- Opening the UPDD Gestures Application
- Importing the Pro Tools Gesture Profile
- Learning the key command assignments for the Gestures.
Configuring UPDD Gestures
In this section, you will learn how to Configure the UPDD Gestures Application on your Mac OS X system.
- Open the UPDD Gestures app from App/Utilities and enable "Show Menu Bar Icon"
Enable accesabilty for UPDD gestures in system preferences.
- Enable "Use Scroll Gestures" in Accessibility in System Preferences
- Click the Menu Bar icon and you will find the menu to Save and Load gestures settings. Click the "Load Profile From" option and choose your DAW from the RAVEN Gestures folder located in Documents.
Using Gestures with Pro Tools
Pinch Zoom = Zooms in and out of the Screen
Two Finger Double Tap (Command Control Option Up) = Zooms out to fit all tracks in the Edit Window.
Three Finger Double Tap (Command Control Up) = Enlarge Selected Track in Edit Window.
Three Finger Swipe Left (Command Control ') = Selects Previous Audio Region
Three Finger Swipe Right (Command Control L) = Selects Next Audio Region
Four Finger Swipe Left (Command Control Shift L) = Latch Selects previous regions
Four Finger Swipe Right (Command Control Shift ') = Latch Select next region
Four Finger Swipe Down (End) = Move Scroll Bar To Last Track in Session.
Four Finger Swipe Up (Home) = Move to Top of Session.
One Finger Swipe Left from Right Edge of Screen = Open Mission Control
One Finger Swipe Right from Left Edge of Screen (Command Option N) = Create New Track
Two Finger Swipe Left From Right Edge of Screen (Command N) = New Session
Two Finger Swipe Right from Left Edge of Screen (Command Control S) = Save As
Rotate Left (B) = Break Region at Selection.
Rotate Right (Command M) = Mute Current region(s)
Four Finger Squeeze = Hide Current Application
Four Finger Splay (Command W) = Close Current Screen
Five Finger Squeeze (Command Control Option W) = Hide/Show All Plugins
Five Finger Splay (Command Control Option W) = Hide/Show All Plugins