macOS High Sierra requires users to explicitly allow a newly installed 3rd party system extension. To complete the installation, please allow loading the UPDD Touch Base extension in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and restart your Mac.
Apple introduced additional security features in MacOSX 10.13 that affected the installation of system (kernel) extensions - commonly known as a kext. All 3rd party kexts now need to be explicitly allowed, regardless of whether they're signed with a valid key. To cater for this we had to make changes to the UPDD kext file and our installer.
Nothing happens when clicking the Allow button on macOS High Sierra 10.13
Another driver developer shared this 'work round' with us that apparently works in some cases:
1. Open "System Preferences", "Keyboard", "Shortcuts" tab
2. Set "Full Keyboard Access" to "All controls"
3. Open "System Preferences", "Security & Privacy", "General" tab
4. Press tab key until the "Allow" button is highlighted
5. Press space bar
Now the touch driver has access.
Still no device found in UPDD Status.
First, you must reboot your system into the recovery environment. To do so, invoke a system restart and hold down the keys Command + R right before it reboots. Don't let go of the keys until you see the Apple logo or a spinning globe.
Wait for the system to reboot into the recovery environment. If it works, you should see a window like this:
1. Once that window appears, pick the Utilities menu in the menu bar, and then select "Terminal"
2. When the terminal window opens, enter the following command:
spctl kext-consent disable
3. Open the Apple menu and pick "Restart" to reboot your computer.
4. Open a terminal Window and execute
sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/tbupddmxhid.kext
UPDD should now be able to function as normal.
If you are direct then it could be an issue with High Sierra blocking the UPDD installer.
Users may need to download the latest UPDD driver from within the Slate Account.
More info can be found here: http://support.touch-base.com/Documentation/50334/Mac